Our Veterinary Practice in Bridlington’s historic Old Town was founded in June 1951 by Mr Michael Horrox. A page from Michael’s diary showing some of the cases he treated in those first days is displayed in our waiting room. It shows just how much veterinary medicine has changed over the decades as Michael treated things like distemper and rickets, which thanks to vaccinations and quality nutrition are no longer part of our day to day caseload!
Here a Priory Vets we are proud to work with a number of organisations and charities supporting the fantastic work they do. We work very closely with RPSCA Bridlington, Driffield and District Branch in many ways, but particularly their immense work in the local area with neutering, micro-chipping and rehoming cats. We are also frequently called upon to assist RSPCA Inspectors and Animal Collection Officers with a wide range of cases, including stray or injured pets, wildlife and even cruelty or neglect cases.
We regularly see local support dogs such as hearing dogs and guide dogs provided by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and Guide Dogs. We participate in the subsidised neutering scheme for owners on mean’s tested benefits run by Dogs Trust in our area.
We have accreditation from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Practice Standards Scheme to the recognised level of General Practice. This certification gives you the reassurance that here at Priory we are committed to providing an appropriate standard of care and are externally audited by the RCVS to ensure compliance with these standards.